Clear all

Allstar Repeater Node Motorola MTR-2000

4 Posts
4 Users
5 Reactions
(@n2pdq)
Topic starter  

This is my Allstar test setup, Phase I

I'm using an MTR2000 repeater, the same thats up on squaw, except this one is UHF.

PI-4, using the beta version of allstar, and a repeater builder RA-40 interface board. 

I'm using full DSP in RX and TX, and letting the RA40 board do all the decoding and encoding of the PL tones.

All the interfacing is on the large accessory connector on the back of the repeater, unlike the squaw mountain node, which is using a combination of accessory connector, and wireline IN/OUT.

So far its sounding fairly good. Give it a try. 

I have not forwarded any ports yet, which is my next step of the project. 

Also still need some fine tuning. 

Operating on 448.325 -5 100hz PL, currently running 25 watts.

The final piece to everything, is to mount the node, pi-4, and a 12V to USB supply into a 1u Rack enclosure. 

Phase II

After the allstar in fully functional, I'm going to integrate the Kansas City MMDVM board into the mix. There is a way to combine the 2, and to allow the repeater to lock out the other mode, so they don't mix into each other.

This topic was modified 3 years ago by n2pdq

N4SJW
(@n4sjw)

FYI, the "new" MTR2000 for the 2M 147.165 repeater is now a similar configuration to the one Dirk mentions above. The Allstar 2.0.0 software on the Raspberry Pi is detecting and generating the CTCSS as well as the squelch. Thanks to Dirk for helping get the cable set up. No more digital tone, standard 123.0 Hz. This past weekend we put up a new 2 bay antenna at Squaw and you'll notice a much improved coverage area.

John N4SJW

Base: Icom IC-7610/IC-9700; Ant OCF inverted V + Hustler 6BTV vertical, 6M OA-50 horizontal ant on 6M, OA-144 double stack on 2M, and OA-432 on UHF horizontal antennas. Mobile: ID-5100; Portables: Icom IC-51A and Motorola XPR-7550 HTs

ReplyQuote
(@va3wxw)

Hi guys,

I was looking around for a set up that was simple and this one seemed to fit.  I was wondering if you have a diagram of the pinout for the mtr2000 side of the cable running from the ra-40 board to the back of the repeater someplace? Also, I assume based on the comments that it might be better to allow the ra40 to decode tones?  Further, were there any "gotchas" for setup in the pi, ra40 or mtr codeplug settings that you may have run into that you can pass on from your projects?

Bob VA3WXW

Steve Brodie reacted
ReplyQuote
(@vk4sjb)

Hi fellow hams. Our club is about to do the same setup with the RA-40 board, Pi3 and a MTR2000 UHF. Are there any tips like pin out and CPS settings that you may be able to provide that would help us out, it would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards

Steve VK4SJB

ReplyQuote
Share: