Clear all

DMR Code Plug Settings & BS failed error

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Brad Steppins
(@brad-s)
Topic starter  

Hello everyone and a question for you please. 

I am new to DMR and I am having trouble with programing a digital repeater into the code plug. I have a Radioddity 25DB-D and using the MM7DBT code plug. I have been somewhat successful with other digital repeaters. Analog programming works great. 

I am trying to program the PRA 445.075 Centennial repeater. I have the -5 offset of 440.075 and color code 1 and TS1 for talk group 310759 and color code 1 and TS2 for the talk group 310844. When I key the mike, nothing happens and then I get BS failed error message. Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong? 

I have also programed the PRA 447.300 repeater, and both talk groups 310759 and 310844 work fine. What is the BS failed error? 

Thank you for your help. 

Jerry Jenkins
(@ke0lpp)

I do not have a Radioddity so I had to look up the error.  I deduce BS means Base Station (aka repeater) and that the message means no contact.  The Centennial repeater is a little north of Lincoln and Chambers.  If your radio settings for Mestaa’ėhehe work but Centennial do not then perhaps the issue is location/distance.  Without knowing your location, I would say try it again when you are within a few miles of Lincoln & Chambers without any major elevation obstructions. 

Caveat:  I am also unfamiliar with the MM7DBT code plug so assuming channel settings for Centennial are correct. What you posted looks correct. 

Jerry, AG7U

ReplyQuote
Brad Steppins
(@brad-s)
Topic starter  

@ke0lpp Thank you for the reply.

Your answer makes perfect sense, and I will try next time I am out that way. I am in northern Elbert County and can connect to all the PRA and other repeaters 70+ miles away without any issues. I did not consider the error was not being able to connect to the repeater. I thought it was something I was doing wrong. I have done extensive internet searches and could not find anything about the error.

I appreciate your reply and time. 

ReplyQuote
Share: