Clear all

285 TechConnect Meeting, August 6th - Remote Station Field Trip

3 Posts
2 Users
1 Likes
Jed Baer
(@kd0ymg)
Topic starter  

The next meeting of the TechConnect club will be out around Strasburg, checking out W0QL's (Mark) remote station, followed by a short drive up to the site for the club's remote station, which is still mostly in the planning stages, though I think there's an antenna up.

Please check out the 285 TechConnect site for more information.

p.s. Advance notice - the September meeting will be about grounding, with Bill - NØCU, who is the best RF Elmer I've ever met. That's Sep. 3rd, folks.

Scott AK6Q reacted
Scott AK6Q
(@ak6q)

Jed this is a fantastic opportunity for the PRA Remote Base committee to get a real head start on our project. 

73 Scott AK6Q 

Elecraft KX2 KX3 K3, Icom IC-705 Yaesu FTD3, VX8

ReplyQuote
Jed Baer
(@kd0ymg)
Topic starter  

Mark - W0QL, has done a lot of work on this. We originally started off with an FT-840 - I think there was some discussion here, but we had difficulty controlling it via the RigPI. Eventually got the CAT interface working, but there was a problem, I think with mode switching. I don't recall what other rigs we experimented with, but the current status is we're using a loaner FlexRadio Meastro, awaiting a club grant to go ahead with purchasing one. The internet connection, as far as I know, is the only thing still not fully up.

The e-mail announcement has already gone out, but I'm going to suggest to our Program Coordinator that we re-send it next week. Or, contact me via my call at arrl.net.

For those coming from the South, the directions might not be the best. I ought to be able to find that e-mail, but I can't. 🙁 Anyways, going up to I70, out East to Strasburg, and then back South makes little sense for anyone S. of Hampden. The kicker is that the easiest route from South uses the E470 tollway for just a bit. Or at least it does for me, coming from Littleton.

ReplyQuote
Share: