3 Users
1 Likes
23.6 K Views
AB0L
 AB0L
(@3d0g)
Maker of fjords.
Topic starter  

Here's a good PRA-focused starter codeplug for the TYT dual-banders. It has all the Brandmeister talk groups pre-defined as digital contacts, and channels are pre-built for all front-range analog repeaters.

As the UV380/390 is dual channel, you'll see in the zone configuration how I like to use the "A" channel for analog monitoring and the "B" channel for digital.

To use this codeplug, simply open it in the TYT CPS software, set your Radio Name and DMR Radio ID on the General Settings page and upload to your radio. To add channel(s) for additional talk groups you're interested in, create new channel(s) following one of the PRA Mega channels as an example. Set the Channel Name accordingly and the Contact Name to the desired talk group. Add the newly defined channel to your desired Zone and you're ready to upload. Note there are three PRA DMR repeaters - make sure you use the one closest to you.

This codeplug works with any of the TYT dual-band radios - the UV380, UV390 (waterproof), and the older 2017.

Lastly, be sure to grab a copy of G6AMU's awesome DMR Codeplug Editor. Cathy's editor is a must-have for TYT owners as it allows reordering and insertion of contacts, channels, etc. G6AMU's editor can also convert between TYT models so you can use it to convert this codeplug for older single-band radios too.

Got a hotspot? Check out my advanced codeplug (it's not that tough).

AB0L (Formerly N0KAI)
-----
Kenwood TM-V71A, Kenwood TS-590S, Icom ID-4100A, Yaseu FT-891, TYT MD-UV380, TYT MD-380, Kenwood TH-D7A, BTECH UV-5X3, µBITX V5, µBITX V4, QRPGuys 40/30/20m DSB Digital Transceiver

Al reacted
 Al
(@al)

Thanks for all your efforts on the dtarter Code Plug for my new UV-380. This is my first venture into DMR. I haven't got it working with my Hot Spot yet but still trying. 

Thanks Again,

Alan KD0HV

ReplyQuote
AB0L
 AB0L
(@3d0g)
Maker of fjords.
Topic starter  

@al My pleasure! Any questions, don't hesitate to ask. A good 2/3 of the PRA members are DMR users. Because DMR is really a commercial radio platform, some of the stuff can seem a little strange for ham use.

AB0L (Formerly N0KAI)
-----
Kenwood TM-V71A, Kenwood TS-590S, Icom ID-4100A, Yaseu FT-891, TYT MD-UV380, TYT MD-380, Kenwood TH-D7A, BTECH UV-5X3, µBITX V5, µBITX V4, QRPGuys 40/30/20m DSB Digital Transceiver

ReplyQuote
(@ricki90)

Good evening @3d0g i’m just wondering if you might be able to assist me with building a code plug for the state of Maryland? There are three repeaters in my area. 🙂 I am totally blind and learning how to program my DMR radio is a little tough at the moment. my call sign is  VE6VBF so feel free to look me up on Qro.com. I’ve had my new radio for almost 2 weeks and would really like to get on the air. Would also like to get some analog channels as well.

ReplyQuote
Share: