Notifications
Clear all

New tower installation - need suggestions re: creating the hole

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@k0es-jerry)
Topic starter  

I'm installing a Tashjian LM-237 self-standing, crank-up, tilt-over tower which requires a 3'x3'x5.5' deep hole. I called several drilling companies. One's minimum was $3040. Another $1500. Any suggestions for drillers? I could rent a mini-excavator but then I need someone to operate it. Digging by hand is always an option. Any one with experience/suggestions in this area would be much appreciated.

Jerry / K0ES

(@eladner65)

That is quite a hole.  Are you certain of those numbers?

KE0TSD (Ed)

ReplyQuote
(@k0es-jerry)
Topic starter  

Ed,

Yes, this  is a self supporting tower. The hole is to be 3' x 3' snd 5.5' deep. The Base of the tower rests on 2"x6" boards so the base is 6" above grade and, of course, level. The base is welded at the factory to the rebar cage and extends 5'2" into the hole. 

Jerry / K0ES

ReplyQuote
Scott AK6Q
(@ak6q)

Howdy Jerry!  I am just getting caught up in reading the posts on the forums.   I can operate a back hoe or mini-ex fairly well, but now the ground is frozen to anything from 1" to about 14" deep making for a tough dig.   I am also building a new house in north Parker.  I will be having some holes drilled for my deck posts in the next couple of weeks.  Let me find out who is doing this and see if this might be a better price for you.  Please email me directly at  kd6qzx@sbcglobal.net   73  Scott AK6Q 

Elecraft KX2 KX3 K3, Icom IC-705 Yaesu FTD3, VX8

ReplyQuote
Share: