Clear all

Icom ID-51A

4 Posts
3 Users
1 Likes
(@twilhite)
Topic starter  

Good afternoon:

I located a firmware upgrade available which brings the firmware of the DSP up to 1.04 from 1.00. I am hesitant in attempting to do this on my own. I do not have the Icom programming cable. I would have to order the cable. Is the firmware update worth attempting?

'73

-tim kb0aso

AB0L
 AB0L
(@3d0g)
Maker of fjords.

I can't speak to Icom specifically but in general, my philosophy on firmware is: 1. Does it fix a problem I have? 2. Does it offer a feature I want?

If neither #1 or #2, I ignore it. My TYT HT is 3 firmware releases behind. While they all offer bug fixes, they aren't bugs I've seen (or I just live with) and they install a feature I despise so I'm perfectly happy with the way my radio is now.

If you look through the release notes and 1.04 is for you, I wouldn't bother getting the cable. Surely someone in the club can flash your radio for you.

73, AB0L.

AB0L (Formerly N0KAI)
-----
Kenwood TM-V71A, Kenwood TS-590S, Icom ID-4100A, Yaseu FT-891, TYT MD-UV380, TYT MD-380, Kenwood TH-D7A, BTECH UV-5X3, µBITX V5, µBITX V4, QRPGuys 40/30/20m DSB Digital Transceiver

Dan Grady reacted
ReplyQuote
(@twilhite)
Topic starter  

Thank-you, AB0L.

73, KB0ASO

ReplyQuote
(@paulloallex)

Posted by: @twilhite

Good afternoon:

I located a firmware upgrade available which brings the firmware of the DSP up to 1.04 from 1.00. I am hesitant in attempting to do this on my own. I do not have the Icom programming cable. I would have to order the cable. Is the firmware update worth attempting?

'73

-tim kb0aso

Hello

Which version of id 51 are you talking about, 51 first version because I'm not finding this firmware. cannot be the plus or anyversario version

ReplyQuote
Share: