KB1OIQ - Andy's Ham Radio Linux
This is a remastered version of Ubuntu Linux. Versions 23 and 24 are stable 64-bit versions based on Ubuntu 18.04.4. 32-bit support has been dropped (last supported in V21).
This version contains a lot of amateur radio software including Fldigi, NBEMS, Gpredict, earthtrack, xcwcp and qrq, XLog and cqrlog, flrig and grig, xnec2c, fl_moxgen, aa-analyzer, owx, VOACAP, glfer, Xastir, gqrx, gEDA, GNU Radio Companion, quisk, direwolf, linamc, FreeDV, wsjt-x, js8call, Micro-Fox 15 Config, and a TinyTrak3 configuration program.
This software collection uses the Xfce desktop environment with menus customized for Amateur Radio use. It is designed to be lightweight, fast, and visually appealling.
Recommended minimums: 2GHz CPU, 4GB memory, and 15 GB of disk space.
- Live medium which can be installed to the hard drive or USB thumb drive
- Xfce desktop environment
- Contains a large number of amateur radio programs
- Amateur Radio menu customized for ease of use
- Nothing proprietary (as far as I know)
- Software came from the Ubuntu repositories, PPAs, and source tar files
- Software defined radio receiver with RTL2832 USB dongle
- Micro-Fox Config GPL and TinyTrak3 Config GPL
- GNU Radio Companion and gqrx
- FreeDV (free digital voice)
- Packet radio software linpac and AX25
- pskmail client and server
- digital radio mondiale
- Learn CW via the Wordsworth method
- FT8 via wsjtx and AlarmeJT
- Arduino IDE and libraries, plus Fritzing
I'll be spinning this up in a VM and playing with it. Stay tuned for a review.