Notifications
Clear all

Xiegu G90

4 Posts
3 Users
2 Likes
(@wildad)
Topic starter  

I have a Xeigu G90. Cute little radio, seems reasonable quality but reception is very poor, regardless of which antenna is attached. High static and voices are very low and so broken up I can barely make out what is being said, much less converse. Any ideas? I'm about to sell this one.

Topic Tags
tomkhaz
(@tomkhaz)

I've had good luck with my G90, but I haven't used a lot of different radios to know the difference with the more full-featured rigs. I play a lot with the preamp/attenuator fuctions, the AGC, and the filter. It's not the same as a full DSP, but my limited experience with DSPs was that I tended to go with just one setting anyway.

The bands are often noisy themselves, but if you are able to compare with other rigs, then maybe you're hearing correctly.

I have been more on JS8Call than other modes and reception seems good for that, depending on band conditions.

My antenna isn't anything special; a 71' EF Inv L up in my trees here in Highlands Ranch.

Sorry to hear of your poor experience. There are some other club members with G90s who have more broad experience who might be able to give you some advice.

Brian and wildad reacted
ReplyQuote
Brian
(@fbrian)

All the Xiegu radios have done well, however occasionally one does come out from the MFG with some defect.  If you are sure it is the radio I would contact them for a return/repair.

Brian WA0R

ReplyQuote
(@wildad)
Topic starter  

I returned the G90 and got a Yaesu instead. Happy.

ReplyQuote
Share: