Notifications
Clear all

Wanted - Older Kenwood Hybrid HF radios - working or for parts

10 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@kx3dx)
Topic starter  

Looking for Kenwood TS-520's, TS-820's, and T/R599's for restoration or parts.  I have several of these and need parts for further restoration.  Also looking for a TS-900.

Dave kx3dx, Larkspur

(@joedev)

I have a Kenwood TS-930-S that I'm going to put up for sale in the near future.  It comes with power cord, Kenwood MC-60 Mic and a Kenwood SP-930 speaker.  Let me know if you have any interest.

Joe DSevlin

kf0ceh

720-252-2862

ReplyQuote
(@kx3dx)
Topic starter  

Hi Joe,/

Yes, I could be interested.  Please let me know what the S/N is and what kind of shape the radio is in.  Does it have any optional filters?

Dave

ReplyQuote
(@joedev)

@kx3dxnly 

SN is 2120343

It's in very good shape.  I'm a new ham and bought this primarily for cw and ssb.  I know it has some filters in it but I can't honestly tell you which ones they are.  I'll be more than happy to meet up with you so you can check it out.  

ReplyQuote
(@kx3dx)
Topic starter  

Hi Joe,

That's a very early unit but I still may be interested - it all depends on physical shape and if the digital display is stable.  When you are ready to sell it, let me know and we can get together so I can take a look.

Dave

I'll be at winter field day this Saturday if you want to talk about newer HF gear - plenty of guys will be there to advise on all things ham radio!

This post was modified 3 months ago by kx3dx

ReplyQuote
(@joedev)

Thanks Dave.  I won't be able to attend Winter Field Day this year, family things going on.

I just bought a Yaesu 710 that will replace my Kenwood.  It's a whole new learning experience.  Lookin forward to trying out some modes other than CW and SSB.

ReplyQuote
(@kx3dx)
Topic starter  

FT-710 is one heck of a radio.  State of the art performance!

ReplyQuote
(@joedev)

@kx3dx Hello Dave,

I finally decided to put my Kenwood TS-390S up for sale and wanted to give you the first shot at it.  I'm asking $320 for it. It comes with the MC-60 Mic and the SP-930 Spkr.  Let me know if you're interested and would like to take a look at it.

Joe

ReplyQuote
(@kx3dx)
Topic starter  

Joe,

I've decided to pass on this for right now.  I just picked up a TS-950SD and need to take a break from acquisitions.

Thanks,

Dave

ReplyQuote
(@joedev)

@kx3dx Dave,

No problem, I get it.  I'll probably post it for sale on this forum in the next week or so.

Joe

ReplyQuote
Share: