Clear all

KC8I Shack Closing

11 Posts
3 Users
1 Likes
KC8I - Lyn
(@kc8i)
Topic starter  

I will be closing my station around mid July and moving to an "antenna-free" location in Denver. I have a Universal 60' aluminum free-standing tower rated at 21 sq ft wind load (Model HD 21-60) with a Yaesu G-1000DXA rotator up for grabs. My QTH is about 3 miles, as the crow flies, and 700 feet up from the Field Day site at Colorado Campground. It's about a 10 minute drive.

I also have some rigs and a bunch of other stuff as well. I hoped to have it all arranged in hamfest order, but moving has been too much fun to let me get ham stuff organized. Anyway, I'll have some things you can look over and and perhaps we can do some negotiating or at least chatting.

Major items are...

IC-7300 with Heil ICM mic

Yaesu FTdx10

Elecraft K-Line Station - K3 upgraded to K3s, P3, KPA500, and KAT500

Lots of minor stuff, depending on how much I get organized by then.

I plan to be at the QTH on Thursday afternoon - 6/24, and most of Friday - 6/25, and Saturday morning - 6/26. The QTH is good on QRZ or...

446 Douglas Fir Drive, Woodland Park, CO  80863

KC8I - Lyn

K0ATP
(@k0atp)

Hi Lyn,

Sorry to hear your closing down your shack but fully understand what downsizing entails, we are retired ourselves and are more than likely going to forced to make some alternate choices of our own as well. 

I'm interested in taking a look at some of your gear, particularly the IC-7300, the K3, the Yaesu Rotator, and possibly the Universal Tower. 

Let me know your availability at you home QTH and I would like to arrange a time to stop by and chat. Feel free to contact me at your convenience. 

73, K0APT

Doug, Parker CO

303-596-0336 

ReplyQuote
KC8I - Lyn
(@kc8i)
Topic starter  

Hi Doug,

The 7300 is sold. The tower and rotator is sold, pending successful removal on this Saturday.

The Elecraft K-Line is still available and won't be of much use to me anymore, as my antennas are disappearing. Here is what I have...

- K3 s/n 6832
Single receiver
0.5, 2.8 and 6.0khz filters
No internal ATU
All K3s upgrades except for the 6/10m preamp.

- P3 s/n 2323
TX monitor with 2kw sensor
No SVGA

KPA500 s/n 894 500 watt amp

KAT500 s/n 3056 500 watt ATU

MH-2 Hand mic

Price for above $3800 (plus shipping if required)

ElectroVoice RE320 studio mic
EV 309A shockmount
EV windscreen/pop filter

Heil PLT2 mic boom
With cable for K3 and TX footswitch

Price with mic/boom setup $4000 (plus shipping if required)

Would much prefer local pickup, but would consider shipping at additional cost.

Didn't have much luck adding a photo here, but can email it to you, if you wish.

I'm happy to have you come take a look. I have one foot in each boat, so to speak, while completing the move, so we need to make arrangements to be sure that I am at the shack.

73 and thanks for the interest.

Lyn - KC8I

This post was modified 3 years ago by KC8I - Lyn

ReplyQuote
K0ATP
(@k0atp)

Lyn,

Sad I missed the opportunity to pick up your tower, rotator. I really had my sights set on your IC-7300 however I'm sure they all went to a very noble home QTH's. 

My shack space is rather limited until I get the "man-cave" built. Just completed a full interior remodel so it looks like we aren't moving anytime soon (put a HUGE dent my ham budget). 

If still available, what's your asking price for the FTDX-10? 

73, K0ATP

Doug, Parker CO

303-596-0336

ReplyQuote
KC8I - Lyn
(@kc8i)
Topic starter  

Sorry Doug. The FTdx-10 is gone too. I think the only HF rig I have left is my backup IC-7100 shack-in-a-box. i think it should bring $600, including a mobile mount.

I just remembered that I have an Elecraft KX3 with KXPA100 amp/ATU. Also a PX3, but not sure if I want to let that go, since I have another KX3 for portable use. Haven't yet thought seriously about offering this gear for sale, but I probably should!

Lyn - KC8I

This post was modified 3 years ago by KC8I - Lyn

ReplyQuote
K0ATP
(@k0atp)

Well, I guess I was just a day late...

Glad you were able to find good homes for your shack equipment.

I am interested in the IC-7100 and a KX3. 

K0ATP, Doug

ReplyQuote
KC8I - Lyn
(@kc8i)
Topic starter  

Good. I think I moved the IC-7100 to the Denver QTH so that should be easier. Let me noodle on the KX3 stuff. I'll keep your name on all until we chat some more

Perhaps we should move to email to reduce the bandwidth on the website. I'm good on QRZ - "callsign"@arrl.net

Lyn

ReplyQuote
K0ATP
(@k0atp)

Copy Lyn,

My email: K0ATP@outlook.com

73, K0ATP

Doug Work, Parker CO

303-596-0336

ReplyQuote
Brian
(@fbrian)

Hi Lynn,

if you decide to let the KXPA100 or PX3 go I would be interested in those for my KX3. 

Brian WA0R

ReplyQuote
KC8I - Lyn
(@kc8i)
Topic starter  

Hi Brian,

Sorry to be so late replying, but trying to finish moving keeps me hopping these days. Today the big tower came down and went to a new home with Mike - AD0WB.

I appreciate your interest and will keep you in mind as things play out. I have two KX3s and think it will be simpler for me to find someone who wants a larger package, including one or both of the K3s. Perhaps if I sell a larger package for a friendly enough price, you can keep what you want and make a buck selling off the rest. Hi! Hi!

73 and Have Fun!

Lyn

Brian reacted
ReplyQuote
Brian
(@fbrian)

What do you want for the whole packages?

Brian WA0R

ReplyQuote
Share: