Net Controller Signup now automated

3 Posts
2 Users
2 Likes
Jeff Karpinski
(@webmaster)
Reputable Member Admin
Topic starter  

Been working on a lot of code for the site in the past week and while I was on a roll, I wrote a bit to automatically update the event title when a net controller signs up. Enjoy!

Dan Grady reacted
(@n2srk)
Estimable Member Admin

Jeff - thanks for all you do for the PRA.  We have the best member website around and this could not be possible without your dedication, leadership and vision.  Much appreciated!!

73-Dan

ReplyQuote
Jeff Karpinski
(@webmaster)
Reputable Member Admin
Topic starter  

My pleasure.

Was touch and go for a bit there with the Memberpress plugin as Caseproof's support team was reluctant to help and their code documentation is non-existent. I rolled up my sleeves and walked through their code until I understood what they were doing. Once I discovered the right event to hook into, it was only 16 lines of code to get exactly what we wanted. Even better, no plugin code modification was required. Did it all in the Wordpress-approved manner. Caseproof is a poster-child for why Agile code development can be a HORRIBLE thing.

The net controller bit was super easy. Unlike Memberpress, the Modern Tribe Events Calendar and WPForms plugins are SUPER professional. Absolutely stellar developer / API documentation. Took 9 lines of code, again with no plugin modifications.

Still banging away on the Allstar UI I mentioned in my presentation. It's a full-blown Wordpress plugin of its own.

Dan Grady reacted
ReplyQuote
Share: