Hamshack Hotline

5 Posts
4 Users
6 Likes
Jeff Karpinski
(@webmaster)
Reputable Member Admin
Topic starter  

A field for your Hamshack Hotline extension has been added to the profile page and member directory.

Don't know what Hamshack Hotline is? Find out more here.

Brian reacted
Scott AK6Q
(@ak6q)

I ordered from Smile.Amazon  the Cisco SPA525g2 and I followed the instructions for provisioning the phone.   It is now is on line!  I have extension 11808!!!!

Elecraft KX2 KX3 K3, Icom IC-705 Yaesu FTD3, VX8

Brian and Jeff Karpinski reacted
ReplyQuote
Brian
(@fbrian)

So I am interested but have no knowledge or experience in this area of tech.  Where  do you get one of the phones and what models?  Imagine you are trying to answer this for your mother.  🙂

Brian WA0R

ReplyQuote
AB0L
 AB0L
(@3d0g)
Maker of fjords.

1. Buy one of these supported phones off eBay. HAMSHACK HOTLINE SUPPORTED ENDPOINTS LIST
    Make sure it's unlocked!
    Note the 1st one on the list, the SPA-112 isn't a phone but an ATA - a device that allows you to use good ole analog phones on the hotline like this:
  2. Open a provisioning ticket with the info off your new phone. HOTLINE HELPDESK
  3. Once they get you set up, they'll send directions on how to configure your phone. It's super-easy. 
  4. Call AC5S at all hours of the night!

AB0L (Formerly N0KAI)
-----
Kenwood TM-V71A, Kenwood TS-590S, Icom ID-4100A, Yaseu FT-891, TYT MD-UV380, TYT MD-380, Kenwood TH-D7A, BTECH UV-5X3, µBITX V5, µBITX V4, QRPGuys 40/30/20m DSB Digital Transceiver

Scott AK6Q and Brian reacted
ReplyQuote
Scott AK6Q
(@ak6q)

@fbrian  Brian, just go to Hamshackhotline.com and there you can find a list of compatible phone models.  Then order one from maybe smile.amazon.com or Ebay.  Once it arrives you will need a power over ethernet connection to your internet provider.  This can be done pretty easily. 

Then you open a ticket via Ham Shack Hotline to provision (program) your phone, you will need the MAC address from the sticker on the back of the phone.   best to send a photo of the sticker as well with the service ticket.  They miss entered mine and we had to redo the ticket. 

In a day or two, you will get an emil from Ham Shack Hotline with instructions to program the phone.   Then you need to share your extension with PRA or put it here and you will be added to the list. 

Hope this helps... if not let me know. 

73 Scott

Elecraft KX2 KX3 K3, Icom IC-705 Yaesu FTD3, VX8

Brian reacted
ReplyQuote
Share: