Clear all

Ham Software Recommendation

7 Posts
5 Users
3 Likes
WØSUN
(@bucky)
Topic starter  

What Ham Radio Software do you use?   What do you recommend?  Assume an ICOM-7300 SDR radio and Windows 10.  

What is a must have?  What would be the first few things that you would install?
Operator needs logging.  Wants to do FT8.  What else?   Specify if free or not.  Opinions?  

Would like to integrate Logging, FT8, LOTW if possible...
Is there anything that could decode CW?

73 de Bill WØSUN
w0sun.bill@gmail.com

Topic Tags
(@dana)
NN0G

Bill,

I'm currently using HRD ($100) for my logging on the home computer, for general logging.  N1MM for contesting. 

I use Log4OM (Free) on my POTA laptop.

Both are using either WSJT-X for JTDX for FT4/8, along with GridTracker.  WSJT-X has some contest modes (FD for example).  JTDX decodes better and as well as some other features I like (Activity timer).

As for CW decode, I use CWGet ($35).  CW Get works fine with N1MM also. 

I also use JTSync when off grid.  This allows you to sync your clock to the signals received by WSJT/JTDX.  

Dana/NN0G

WØSUN reacted
ReplyQuote
WØSUN
(@bucky)
Topic starter  

Thanks!!

That's very helpful. 

73 de Bill WØSUN
w0sun.bill@gmail.com

ReplyQuote
Brian
(@fbrian)

Hi Bill,

I use Ham Radio Deluxe. I find the whole suite of HRD very helpful. I think the HRD Logbook is very good with all the functionality it offers. I find Digital Master helpful for those difipmodes I have never used before but want to try, like PSK or Olivia. 
the Satellite tracker program is very good and is fantastic for keeping the radio frequencies in sync with where the satellite is on a pass. (This would not be relevant for an IC-7300)

Brian K0FBS 

Brian WA0R

WØSUN reacted
ReplyQuote
Scott AK6Q
(@ak6q)

Bill I just started with Hamradio Delux. ($100) It is very feature loaded and may be overkill for what I want to do. It has some quirks.  I have just started with both WSJTX and JTDX for FT8.  getting them to talk with Hamradio Delux is a bit challenging and Paul has been helping me. 

Elecraft KX2 KX3 K3, Icom IC-705 Yaesu FTD3, VX8

WØSUN reacted
ReplyQuote
Sasquatch
(@sasquatch)

Brian K0FBS,

Can you answer some hamsat questions?  Which birds do you use?  What receiver and antennae works out here?  I am just getting started with this and appreciate your help!

73 de N0RDE Jon

ReplyQuote
Brian
(@fbrian)

Jon,

my apologies I missed the notifications for this thread. 

I run a Yeasu FT-991 w/ HRD. It controls the rig and adjust for Doppler as the bird passes. I stick with FM satellites for the most part

Brian WA0R

ReplyQuote
Share: