Clear all

Kenwood TS-590S & SDR Play

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Mike - ADØWB
(@mike)
Topic starter  

This is a great, tried and true radio, in excellent condition. It has a built-in sound card, so digital modes are a snap. The internal tuner in the TS-590S is one of the best - it is amazing what loads it’ll tune. 

Included is the Kenwood VGS-1 Voice Module and a High Stability Temperature Controlled Crystal Oscillator (TCXO) for frequency stabilization.

The radio has a DX Engineering Clifton Labs Z10000 Buffer Amplifier installed which supplies IF out for connecting to an external SDR device. 

When coupled with a PC, an SDR, and appropriate software (e.g. SDR Uno / SDR Console) this allows for a Panadapter/Waterfall display with full bidirectional rig control. This makes for a great “point and click” interface with the radio.

The radio is complete with all factory documentation, original hand microphone, unmolested power cord, and original box.

This full setup includes an SDRPlay RSP2 receiver, along with RF and USB cabling. 

All from a non-smoking shack.

Complete package: $675 - Local Pickup

Mike - AD0WB

This topic was modified 3 years ago by Mike - ADØWB

(@joedev)

Hi Mike,

I'm interested in this radio.  Can we hook up this week, I have a few questions.  I can be reached on 720-252-2862.

Thanks,

Joe 

kf0ceh

ReplyQuote
Mike - ADØWB
(@mike)
Topic starter  

SOLD.

ReplyQuote
Share: