Looking to fill two...

Notifications
Clear all

Looking to fill two team spots for ARRL Digital Contest

John Martin WR0OT
(@wr0ot)
Active Member Member
Topic starter  

Anyone interested in joining us for team registration for the upcoming ARRL International Digital Contest in June.  Teams can be up to 5 single operator stations.  We are looking for two more people that may be interested in joining with us for a team entry.

My wife (WR2JN) and Son (KM1MIC) and I (KC0LUH) are planning on operating for a large part of the ARRL International Digital Contest this year.  We have other plans that are preventing us from doing much for field day this year so we are going to focus on the Digital Contest this year.  We were going to operate as a multi-operator station, but everyone wants to keep there contacts under their call sign for working towards other awards.  So we though we would put together a team entry for the contest.  That will leave two open spots on our team, so we thought we would see if anyone would like to join us for the team registration.  We are not really looking to be very competitive for the contest just thought it would be fun to see if anyone wants to join us for a team entry.  We are getting things setup to be able to have two single operator stations going at a time from our house, and plan to be on the air for a good portion of the event.  Again not aiming for best team score, just looking to do as we say in the club, have fun, and keep the squelch loose!  If interested reply below.

John

73, KC0LUH

Dana (NN0G)
(@dana)
Active Member Member

John,

im planning on operating part time. Basically to understand the nuances of N1MM and FTx. 

Maybe 6 hours or so. 

Feel free to drop me into one of your slots. 

Dana NN0G

ReplyQuote
John Martin WR0OT
(@wr0ot)
Active Member Member
Topic starter  

Dana,

Sorry for the late reply, I have not been watching the forum that close, I was assuming that an email notification would come through on replies.

I will be putting in the team registration the 10 days before the contest as listed in the rules.  I have not done one of these before, and detail is a little space on the ARRL website.  I am pretty sure it just entails giving them just a list of our call signs.  If there is anything you have to complete your self I will let you know.  Is the e-mail address in your contacts a good direct contact address?

FYI, I just recently received and vanity callsign, and just got that issued not to long ago.  I am now WR0OT.  If you want to email me directly you can find my email in the directory also.  I have not changed anything on the club website yet.  I need to get with Jeff and find out the best way to tackle that.

Not sure if you are doing much pre-planning for the event, I hope it is going well if you are.  I may be doing some playing with N1MM also.  We are looking at some options for logging on a windows platform possibly.  My wife and I have been doing all of our ham radio work completely under Linux.  I just bought her a Flex Radio though, and SmartSDR breaks the whole Linux only software processing chain.  We are still working though how we are going to integrate everything.  I am also getting setup to run multiple stations with in the typical residential 1/8 acre plot of land.  I just got the band pass filters setup last night, and did some initial testing.  Things are looking like they are working very well there.  Between cross polarization of the station antennas, and the band filters, it is looking like I am getting plenty of isolation as long as the two stations are on different bands.  It's looking like I am about 60-70 dBm below where I need to be.

I know you have been at many of the meetings lately, I will introduce my self next time I see you so you can put a face with a name.

John WR0OT

ReplyQuote
Share: