Colorado SOTA and 14-er event
So many different ways to participate - you do not have to climb a mountain (although I *do* recommend that) to participate. Chasers needed!
Maybe this should be in the weekly PRA e-mail?
73 - Dave
It’s Back! The 2nd annual SOTAFest, presented by SoCal SOTA. August 7-8, 2021. Coincides with the CO SOTA and 14er event.
This years CO SOTA event kicks off a week long celebration of 10 years as a SOTA association:
The WØC 10 yr Anniversary event/challenge is starting on August 7th (in conjunction with the Colorado 14er event) and lasts 10 days. All details are available at the WØC-SOTA Website.
In a nutshell:
- Activator challenge: Activate 10 (or more) 10K (or higher) summits (in WØC) within 10 days.
- Chaser challenge: Chase Activators on 10 different (or more) qualifying WØC summits (10K or higher) within the 10 days.
- Event Date: August 7th 0000h (MDST) until August 16th 2400h (MDST).
- Log Submission: After each activation, Activators are encouraged to upload the results to the SOTA Website and send their .csv file (via email) to our CSO (Chief Spreadsheet Officer) Jim/NØIPA (N0IPA 'at' att 'dot' net). Daily results will be posted on the W0C-SOTA website.
- Ranking: Criteria #1 is the # of activated summits (>=10K feet), for Chasers it is the # of contacts made with qualifying summits.
- Prices: The top three in each category will receive a personalized and autographed print from Dan Oldfield (NØOLD) Colorful Colorado collection.